Wednesday, February 5, 2014

CTMH Artbooking: Looking for Adventure

Isn’t this why we join the military?  Looking for Adventure!!  The colors in this layout worked perfectly to capture some of my military career!  Front and center is my favorite photo…our family at the retirement ceremony!!


I used some of our small 2x2 flip flaps to incorporate some extra photos I didn’t want left out…and to capture all my “variety” of uniforms.


Notice the sky polka dot paper, with the Best Day Ever journaling block, the lagoon “distressed” paper and the chevron paper in the upper right corner…these are all pieces from the My Crush Best Day Ever assortment!  I LOVE that the My Crush assortments are all sized perfectly to fit within the Flip Flaps Small Assortment!  Gives you so many possibilities to work with!!  Not just within your Crush books…but also as parts of layouts, on cards and any papercrafting project!!

Stamp Sets: D1572 My Life (from Cricut Artbooking
                          Collection) and D1559 Geometric Backgrounds
Cardstock colors:  Outdoor Denim, Bamboo, Lagoon,
                                       Juniper, Desert Sand & White Daisy
B&T Patterned Papers:  ProPlayer (Hexagons)

Tips/Techniques:
·  Reduce the size of photo mats to create journaling spots
·  Offset layered Cricut®-cut borders for a pop of dimension
·  Use Cricut® Craft Room to stretch shapes for a custom fit
·  Use pieces of the My CrushTM Best Day Ever assortment for additional variety
·  Create embellishment clusters by mixing small items, especially leftovers from other projects

No comments:

Post a Comment