Tuesday, January 28, 2014

CTMH Artbooking: Real Life Story

Another of our CTMH Fall Album Retreat Layouts, using the Cricut Artbooking cartridge, cardstock and some of our Sparkle N Shine, Frosted and Sarita papers (an odd mix, but turned out nicely!).  Notice the mini-album base pages on the layout, great as elements for journaling or photo mats!




With the Album Retreat Layouts, I wanted to make sure I used some of them to scrapbook me…which rarely happens!  99% of my scrapbooking is to capture the story of my children’s lives, so I wanted to use this opportunity to tell some of my stories…some that my children have never heard and this layout allowed me to capture several of those “little known facts” about Mom:

1.  When I was about 10 years old, living in Anchorage, Alaska, I went camping with a girlfriends family and caught a 23-pound King Salmon!

2. I ran the inaugural San Antonio Rock N Roll Marathon…scratched that one off my bucket list!

3. I’m “officially” a high school drop-out, despite getting my diploma, and earning a Bachelors and Masters degree!

So much more to all of those stories, but don’t want to bore y'all with the details, lol!

Stamp Sets: B1431 Reel Life and D1555 All the Details
Cardstock colors: Whisper, Smoothie, Ruby, White Daisy,
                                       and Black
B&T Patterned Papers:  Sarita (Outdoor Denim dots),
                                                   Sparkle & Shine (Stripes/Dots)
                                                   and Frosted (Grey Snowflake)

Tips/Techniques:

·  Use a base page of a mini album for journaling on a 12" x 12" layout
·   Add in simple circle shapes to give layout variety in flow and form
·   Look at photo mats from various themes and use them throughout projects; many photo mats, overlays, and elements live on a theme-specific key, but are basic and can be used on anything
·  Repeat the same shapes in different papers and sizes to create a cohesive look

·  Use Cricut® Craft Room to create mats in sizes that fall between measurements in real dial size
·  Use a stamp to create your own background & texture paper
·  Create a cluster using different elements, paper, fibers, and embellishments
·   Cut one overlay in half and use a piece on each page 

No comments:

Post a Comment