Tuesday, April 29, 2014

CTMH Ivy Lane Ring Box

My final Secret Sister gift was a pretty, blingy necklace delivered in a decorated CTMH My Creations Ring Box.  I used our Ivy Lane paper, purple shimmer trim, silver glitter paper and purple gems.


The butterflies were cut from our Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge in our silver glitter paper.  I'm definitely not a Cricut expert, so I don't do much with changing the dials on my cricut, I much prefer to cut and adjust as needed.  Fortunately, the CTMH glitter paper cuts like butter even when I leave my settings like I'm cutting card stock!  I think these butterflies are what really make these boxes rock!!
The inside of the boxes are empty to allow you to fill with your treasure of choice!

For presentation purposes, I didn't want the necklace just laying (and bouncing) at the bottom of the box, so I created a holder to keep the necklace in place.

Using a 4x4 piece of card stock, I scored 1" on all 4-sides, then cut 1" in on each of the 4 corners.  This allowed me to fold the ends in and place inside the box, with the chain at the bottom and the locket raised up on this simple platform.
I snipped about 1/2" diagonally on the 2 upper corners to wrap the necklace into place (hindsight, I probably should have done a small hole punch for the chain to feed through, but it worked).

No comments:

Post a Comment