Wednesday, December 12, 2012

25 Days of Gift Ideas: Paint Pail


 This will be the "gift bag" for our teachers holiday goodies.  I used the CTMH Scholastic Papers (2 pieces at 4" x 12") to wrap the pail, along with a 5 1/4" circle for the top.  This is a clear plastic pail, so you can see the backside of the paper, which dresses it up a bit.  The photo doesn't show the backside of this paper so well, but it's kind of pale (no pun intended) blue gridlines.  On some of the pails, I reversed the paper and have the lighter paper outside with the alpha/numeric paper on the inside.

 I set the boys to work with the ribbons, which can be a bit time consuming, but they enjoyed the task and it freed me up to work on more goodies.

The ribbon is a hodgepodge of my stash, mixes of organdy, grosgrain and ric rac to fully cover the handle.  You can get away with just doing a couple inches on each side, leaving the majority of the handle free...but since I had free labor, we opted to cover the entire handle.

I used the star <Star 5> and layer <Star5 / Layer> at 2" and 1.5" from the Art Philosophy Cartridge and the Pinwheel <shift / P / 3D Object> at 2" from Artiste.  I've become a huge fan of the Burlap Ribbon (Z1760)...the texture and versatility really add so much to cards, pages and projects!
  I placed 3D Foam tape (Z1151) under the button (Z1371 - Blue Assortment), so I could stick the Pin Clips (Z1612) into the foam to hold the stars.  

No comments:

Post a Comment