Thursday, August 14, 2014

CTMH Chalk It Up Scrapbook Layout

Chalk It Up is our newest school-themed collection!  Fortunately, it is also very versatile in the paper patterns and color scheme, allowing you to really play with it!  The Chalk It Up Complements are chipboard images, which I love because they provide the extra dimension to the layout without foam tape, etc.  The Complements do include "First day of school" pieces, but I decided to use the "This is going to be a wonderful year" on this layout, giving me the flexibility to use it for school, new years, or really any "start" to a new year/season!


Of course I followed a CTMH pattern to create the layout, I don't have that instant knack for making pretty things come together or for figuring out layout patterns.  This pattern is from the CTMH Magic pattern book using the "Out of the Hat" pattern.



I used lagoon ink to distress and pop the photo mats.  Then "bling"ed it with our Chevron Sparkle Shapes and a few of our White Enamel Stars.  I really enjoyed putting this layout together and love the finished results!  Now to decide on the photos...




No comments:

Post a Comment