Monday, September 8, 2014

CTMH Chalk It Up Waterfall Folio Mini-Album

I thought I would be done playing with Chalk It Up, but then I saw a waterfall folio mini-album created by my team member April Smith.  

April used Seaside and Brushed on hers and I knew I had to create one and immediately reached for my Chalk It Up papers and Picture My Life cards!  April shared this YouTube tutorial from MyScrappySisters which showed me how to create it. 



Of course, as soon as I saw the "waterfall" instructions, I immediately saw how our 3x4 Flip Flaps would work perfectly as a quick and easy way to create the waterfall without all the cutting and scoring of the cardstock flaps!  (Yes, my addiction to Flip Flaps continues!!)

I trimmed each of the flip flaps 1/4" off the adhesive edge, which allowed me to follow the tutorial instructions of starting at the top and lining each subsequent flip flap flush with the previous one.  You can recreate without trimming, but you'll either need to overlap or reduce the number of flip flaps you use.  By trimming that 1/4", I was able to fit (7) 3x4 Flip Flaps down the right panel.

Since our 3x4 flip flaps perfectly match our 3x4 Picture My Life cards, I grabbed some cards to fill in my waterfall for a super fast mini-album creation!  I followed the tutorials measurements for the left pocket and found my 3x4 cards got lost in the pocket, so instead grabbed some 4x6 Picture My Life cards for the pocket.  Next one I'm thinking I'll make the pocket smaller so I can use more of my 3x4 cards!

I really enjoyed this project and anticipate creating a few more with some of our additional Picture My Life collections!!

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment!

Scrap ~ Chat ~ Create

2 comments:

  1. What a cute, easy way to make a Back to School folio for each of the kids/grandkids/students/ whomever. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! I just made one this afternoon. The video is great with all measurements clearly given and with your variation using flip flaps, it was even easier!
    Thank you. :-)

    ReplyDelete