Sunday, December 2, 2012

25 Days of Gift Ideas: Gift Tray

This cute little tray is an adorable way to wrap a gift, gift card, love note or well...cold, hard cash! LOL

To create, I used our Close to My Heart Cricut Artiste Cartridge.  
Cut the Box Cover: <O><shift><3D Object> (pg 49) at 5.75" H
Cut the Box Tray: <O><3DObject> (pg49) at 5.75" H
Cut the rectangle out of the top of the Box Cover using <O><Accent4> at 3.6" H
(I used my Gypsy to line up the rectangle, another option is to place the blade in the center of the top of the Box Cover and select the "Center Point" button on your cricut)


I cut a 4x6 Flip Flap (Z4114), trimming the seams and adhesive strip off, leaving me 2 clear pieces of plastic.  I used one to cover the window of my box top to keep the goodies inside but visible.

I used the "red tape" to give me a solid seal on the plastic.  I recommend you take the adhesive to the edges.  This will reduce the chance of the plastic catching on the tray as it's being slid in and out of the cover.

These are going to be some of our Teacher Gifts this year, so I used the Close to My Heart Scholastic Paper Pack (X7159B) for the Box Cover and Black Cardstock (1386) for the Box Tray.

I also created a divider for my tray with black cardstock:  3 15/16" x 7 1/2", scored at 3 3/8", 4 1/4", and 5 1/8" allowing me to fold it so I have a divided tray.

Check back tomorrow to see the goodies I created to go inside the divided trays!

No comments:

Post a Comment